The Human Element in Cybersecurity
Caroline talks about how the skills shortage impacts the industry and the very real problem of burnout in skilled, experienced security professionals. She shares her thoughts on AI and automation and underlines that the human element is still necessary to effectively detect, defend against, and respond to cybersecurity attacks.
- 02:06 Human Resources has rebranded as People, but the skills shortage problems remain.
- 05:31 The skills shortage challenge: Hunt. Poach. Repeat.
- 07:39 The trouble with working with consulting firms.
- 08:15 Influencing the culture at Cobalt.io
- 13:26 Security can’t be bolted on. It must be built into design and development and then maintained.
- 15:15 Security must be embedded into an organization’s culture.
- 16:32 Where does AI and automation work best?
- 18:44 The human element is still necessary to effectively detect, defend against, and respond to cybersecurity attacks.
- 21:34 Burnout for cyber professionals is a huge problem, but it’s finally being