Firewall 8.1: Optimizing Firewall Threat Prevention (EDU-214)
Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls are architected to safely enable applications and prevent modern threats. Their approach identifies all network traffic based on applications, users, content and devices, and lets you express your business policies in the form of easy-to-understand security rules.
Flexible deployment options and native integration with their next-generation security platform extend the policy enforcement and cyberthreat prevention to everywhere your users and data are located: in your network, on your endpoints and in the cloud.
Course Overview and Objectives
Successful completion of this four-day, instructor-led course will enhance the student’s understanding of how to better configure, manage, and monitor PAN-OS® threat prevention features. The student will get hands-on experience configuring, managing, and monitoring threat prevention features in a lab environment. This training should enable you to:
- Describe the cyber-attack lifecycle and recognize common forms of attack
- Describe PAN-OS® threat prevention capabilities
- Use firewall logs and reports to make better configuration decisions
- Configure the firewall to detect, block, and record threats
Scope and Target Audience
- Course level: Intermediate
- Course duration: 4 Days
- Course format: Combines lecture and hands-on labs
- Platform supported: Palo Alto Networks® next-generation enterprise firewalls running the PAN-OS® operating system
- Security Engineers
- Security Administrators
- Security Operations Specialists
- Security Analysts
- Network Engineers
- Support Staff
Participants must complete the Firewall 8.1 Essentials: Configuration and Management course or have equivalent experience. Students must have a basic familiarity with networking concepts including routing, switching, and IP addressing.
This class is comprised of the following modules focusing on equipping the student to configure, manage and monitor the threat prevention features of Palo Alto Networks® next-generation firewalls.
- Module 1: The Cyber-Attack Lifecycle
- Module 2: Blocking Packet- and Protocol-Based Attacks
- Module 3: Blocking Threats from Known-Bad Sources
- Module 4: Blocking Threats Using App-IDTM
- Module 5: Blocking Threats Using Custom Signatures
- Module 6: Creating Custom Threat Signatures
- Module 7: Blocking Threats in Encrypted Traffic
- Module 8: Blocking Threats in Allowed Traffic
- Module 9: Authenticating Firewall User Accounts
- Module 10: Blocking Threats from Phishing and Stolen Credentials
- Module 11: Viewing Threat and Traffic Information