Traps 4.1: Install, Configure, and Manage (EDU-281)
Palo Alto Networks® Traps™ Advanced Endpoint Protection prevents sophisticated vulnerability exploits and unknown malware-driven attacks. Traps accomplishes this through a highly scalable, lightweight agent that uses an innovative new approach for defeating attacks without requiring any prior knowledge of the threat itself.
Course Overview and Objectives
Successful completion of this two-day, instructor-led course equips the student to install Traps in basic configurations.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Learn how Traps protects against exploits and malware-driven attacks
- Install and configure the Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) and Traps endpoint components; build rules; enable and disable process protections
- Integrate Traps with Palo Alto Networks WildFire™, which provides prevention and detection of zero-day malware
Scope and Target Audience
- Course level: Introductory
- Course duration: 2 Days
- Course format: Combines instructor-facilitated lecture with hands-on labs
- Platform supported: Palo Alto Networks Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection 4.0
- Security Engineers
- System Administrators
- Technical Support Engineers
Students must have Windows system administration skills and familiarity with enterprise security concepts.
This class is comprised of ten modules focusing on equipping the student to build a basic Traps deployment.
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Module 1: Traps Overview
- Module 2: Installing Traps
- Module 3: Malicious Software Overview
- Module 4: Consoles Overview
- Module 5: Traps Protection against Exploits
- Module 6: Traps Protection against Malware
- Module 7: Prevention Event Exceptions
- Module 8: Managing Traps
- Module 9: Traps Forensics
- Module 10: Basic Traps Troubleshooting