Cybersecurity Is Akin to Cancer Research
Diana focuses on the importance of data-centric security in the cloud and reminds security practitioners that cybersecurity is a career-long fight.
- 00:27 Diana’s career trajectory and her trifold perspective as practitioner, vendor, and analyst
- 2:44 Data-centric security in the cloud
- 3:22 The triumvirate of security: confidentiality, integrity, availability
- 6:22 To manage the data management lifecycle, legal and tech should be working as a team. And yes, you really do have to read the T&Cs.
- 10:03 Set clear parameters so that your employees don’t accidentally misstep.
- 13:54 Just because we can store the data doesn’t mean we necessarily should.
- 15:18 GDPR, love it or loathe it, has focused everyone’s attention on the issue of privacy.
- 19:47 Don’t consider a cyber career unless you are in love with it.
- 20:51 Being a cybersecurity practitioner is like being a cancer researcher or doctor.
- 22:00 Know that this is a fight that you’re going to fight your whole career.
- 22:28 Diana’s advice for women beginning their cybersecurity career – learn your craft and believe in yourself.