Trust as a Product
Eric discusses his process of customer development, the concept of trust as a
product, and the dollar cost of the loss of customer trust.
- 01:08 Customer development is about starting with the problem first.
- 03:26 Collect a Dirty Dozen. Gather 12 customers in the space that you care about and interview them. Ask open-ended questions and ask about their problems.
- 10:39 Trust as a product
- 11:37 Breaches and loss of trust is translating to real dollars: 2.5 billion dollars globally.
- 13:12 Loss of privacy is the cost of social media.
- 14:06 When companies invest in security, they are focused on minimizing their own risk and liability not protecting their customers.
- 15:22 Perhaps it’s time for a trust report – just like a credit report
- 16:22 If enterprises demonstrate that they really care about trust and their customers, that will be the differentiator.
- 17:04 Ongoing customer engagement is necessary for business and product success.