What Are the Questions We Should Be Asking?
Jake discusses the cybersecurity questions we should be asking: what legislators should be asking citizens; what boards should be asking CISOs; what companies should be asking during M&A processes; and what citizens should be asking themselves.
- 03:22 While it’s true that legislators lack technical knowledge, the best ones know how to ask the right questions.
- 04:49 Americans need to consider if they want Europe to be setting the privacy regulations and if not, they need to ask U.S. legislators to start doing so.
- 09:03 Boards and executives are on the hook for cybersecurity and finally understanding that it is a critical component to an overall risk management program.
- 13:54 The Marriott breach showed cybersecurity diligence during M&A is essential.
- 15:49 The goal for CISOs with any breach is to learn from it, develop the appropriate standard of care, and then show those learnings to the executive team.