Jason Haward-Grau, CISO at PAS, returns to the podcast to talk about the often overlooked I for integrity in the CIA security triad. The emphasis on confidentiality has been driven by legislation and the emphasis on availability has been driven by business outcomes, but integrity is less well understood.
Attackers have turned their attention to infrastructure and Jason points out this can have deadly consequences. The drive to be competitive is presenting new challenges for security teams and attack vectors for hackers.
In predicting trends for 2020, Jason sees more targeted attacks as inevitable and says the security industry must prepare, prepare, prepare and focus on response and recovery. He sees the accelerated regulation continuing. Finally, he’d love to see OT and IT manage a closer more communicative relationship.
- 01:06 — The I in the CIA triad is often overlooked.
- 04:15 — Integrity is crucial in OT processes. It protects lives.
- 06:53 — Attackers have turned their attention to infrastructure and that can have deadly consequences.
- 08:57 — The drive to be competitive and reduce costs is presenting new challenges for security teams and attack vectors for hackers.
- 13:32 — What should we be focusing on in 2020?
If you’d like to hear more about IT and OT listen to our third podcast with Jason, or if you’re looking for more predictions for 2020, check out last week’s podcast with Malcolm Harkins and Peter Liebert.