Cloud is a Fresh Start
Lamont Orange, CISO of Netskope, returns to the podcast with friend and fellow CISO, George Gerchow of Sumo Logic. They discuss their approaches to crisis management during COVID and the message is clear: it’s people first, then business and security. They go on to talk about what diversity looks like in cybersecurity and the strength that it brings.
Finally, they cover the acceleration of digital transformation that companies are facing right now. Despite the challenges, cloud is the future and this is an opportunity for a fresh start. Lamont recommends, “Don’t take what you knew up to the cloud with you as your company is going; let’s look at fresh.”
- 01:54 — How to manage during a crisis? Gather a wide ranging and representative group to make quick decisions and reassure staff and customers alike.
- 04:48 — Diversity in cybersecurity.
- 10:27 — In the new normal, work from home presented new challenges for the SOC.
- 11:34 — Ensure your BCP plan covers succession planning. Start shadowing now.
- 15:36 — Digital transformation has gone from a five-year plan to a three-month plan.
You can find Lamont Orange’s previous podcast with us here.