Tech, Cybersecurity and Ethics
Laura offers a refreshing perspective on how to start the ethics in cybersecurity conversation, touching upon Google’s (in)famous Project Maven, and highlights the importance of building ethics into products — before the problems happen.
- 02:11 How to start the ‘ethics in cybersecurity’ conversation
- 07:41 How can a community figure out what is appropriate use of technology?
- 08:52 Professional ethics do matter
- 10:32 Project Maven and the power of ethical objection
- 12:37 Should product ethics be tied to VC funding?
- 14:55 Build ethics into products—before the problems happen
- 19:00 Ethics is hard, hard work
- 20:14 What will be Cybersecurity’s crisis moment?